The Brutally Honest Review
- Website: https://www.aweber.com/
- Name: Aweber Email Marketing
- Claims: Autoresponder, Email Collector, and Management
- Price: Starts at $19/month (30-day free trial)
- Rating: 4 out of 5 stars
Before we begin, I want to state that I am not affiliated with Aweber. This review is based solely on my opinion.
Are you looking for an autoresponder for your email marketing? Aweber is one of the most popular autoresponders in the business, so I decided to give it a shot and signed up for their free trial (30 days). Just in case you’ve never used an autoresponder, let me give you an overview of what it is all about!
What is an AutoResponder?
An autoresponder is a program that helps you collect emails for future contacts. It allows you to play opt-in or sign up forms on your website to make it easier to collect emails.
As your email list grows, you will be able to contact them and notify them of a new product or services. You can also use it to increase the likelihood of your visitor coming back to your website.
When you don’t have an autoresponder to collect emails, the odds of your visitors coming back is very unlikely. You see, most people don’t make a purchase during their first visit. Sometimes, it can take two or three visits to make a sale, so that’s why it’s so important to have an autoresponder. — Good luck contacting your customers consistently when you have thousands of subscribers.
Aweber is like your secretary except it works 24/7 for you! It manages all of your subscribers and ensures that follow up emails are delivered. — You still have to set them first(:
How I Used AWeber
Here on Online Self Employed, I have a page where you opt-in to receive a free copy of my money making eBook. The form that I included for the opt-in process is designed to collect emails for me. — You can generate a form on Aweber, but I prefer to use my own.
If you already have your own email list, you can simply import it into Aweber, but there is a review phase, so give it time to show all of your subscribers. While waiting, I set up my sequence of follow up messages that get sent out once a day.
I completely skipped the tutorial videos because it was very self-explanatory. Once you have everything set up, the rest is pretty much done automatically. Now you can focus on your website and content development.
Aweber Checks To Ensure Your Email Gets Delivered
Aweber uses a spam radar to determine the likelihood of your email ending up in the junk folders. They grade your emails on a scale from 0 to 5 with 5 considered spam. This is a great tool to utilize because what good is an email if it ends up in someone’s junk folder?
What Aweber Offers
- Legacy Follow Up Series: These are emails generated by you and automatically sent out at your desired time. For example, you can set follow up emails to be delivered every day or week. This keeps your subscribers automatically updated. Can you do it manually? Sure you can, but imagine if you have over 1000 followers! — My personal favorite feature, so I can spend time working on something else.
- Broadcasts: Do you have an upcoming sales event? The broadcast feature allows you to send out emails to all of your subscribers on the day of the event.
- Campaigns: This page allows you to manage multiple follow up series(:
- Web Form: Don’t have a sign-up form yet? No worries, because Aweber provides you with a simple sign up box to grow your email list. You can then integrate it into your website.
- Blog Broadcasts: Similar to broadcasts, this is an automated feature to convert your latest blog posts that get sent out to your subscribers.
Aweber Live Support (8AM-8PM ET Mon-Fri & 9AM-5PM Sat-Sun)
When it comes to any kind of service, customer support is one of the most important factors. In my opinion, an online chat is the best way to get an answer fast. Yes, they have an FAQ and Email Support, but nothing beats an online chat. In this aspect, Aweber is considered one of the best!
Pros and Cons for Aweber Email Marketing
Is Aweber the best? Absolutely not, but it’s definitely a reputable and reliable source. Let’s find out the pros and cons, shall we?
Pros for Aweber:
- Very easy to use and understand which makes it perfect for beginners.
- Easy to stay in touch with your subscribers with their Legacy Follow Up Series.
- Web forms are very easy to create and put up on your website.
- Top-notch Customer Support!
- Easy interface for emails and nice layouts!
- Track your conversions with analytics.
- Price is fair compared to its competitors.
- Unlimited Subscribers and Email Lists.
- The broadcast is great for promotional events!
- 30 Day Free Trial
Cons for Aweber:
- Email delivery is quite slow.
My Final Thoughts on Aweber
Aweber is a great email marketing autoresponder for beginners because of its simplicity. If you are looking to succeed in the online marketing world; this is a must-have. You can get this up and running in minutes… unless you’re like me who loves to procrastinate.
Most people ask me if they should start building their email list early. Well, it’s probably not a good idea during the first week, but you should start once you start getting regular visitors. Aweber delivers everything you need to start building an email list.
However, I don’t recommend this for people who just got started! You should definitely get some training before tackling email marketing. Check out my free recommendation to learn how to start an online business.
What I really like about Aweber is how inexpensive it is to start. For $19 per month (every 10,000 subscribers), you can definitely make it back especially if you provide good information.
Currently, Aweber is offering a 30-day free trial. Keep in mind, they do require a credit/debit card information to ensure that service does not get interrupted if you decided to upgrade to their regular membership.
If you decide to cancel, make sure you do so before the 30 days come up. That concludes my review on Aweber. Have you ever used this program to build your email list? Did you have a positive experience?
Inform your peers by sharing this article on your social media if they are in the market for an autoresponder.
If you have any questions, please kindly leave a comment on the comment section below(:
Be the first to leave a review.