Are you searching for a page builder to spice up your WordPress blog/website? I receive compliments all the time from my readers in regard to my homepage. One of the comments were, “Wow, that page must have taken you forever to create”.—Well, the truth is, it was very easy to make and probably consumed 1 to 2 hours of my time.
That’s why I decided to share it with you all and provide you with a detailed review of elementor page builder, a WordPress plugin. Without further ado, let’s dive right into it!
Elementor In A Nutshell
Elementor is a drag-and-drop page builder plugin for WordPress that replaces the basic WordPress editor. It allows you to create visual layouts and design your website live.
It works on the front end, which means it shows you exactly what your page will look like during the editing process. I’m a visual learner, so being able to see how it looks like exactly before publishing offers me a peace of mind.
Similar to my recommend platform for building a website, you don’t need to have any coding knowledge or skills. It is designed for beginners and best of all. It works with all WordPress themes!
All in all, if you don’t have the budget to hire a professional designer, Elementor will allow you to do quality work for your website at an affordable price.
Features of Elementor
Elementor comes well-equipped with great features:
- Pre-made page templates that you can import and modify. If you see a design that you like, all you have to do is change some elements like the word, pictures, etc.
- Create custom page templates with Elementor Canvas. It’s pretty much a blank page to let you build without the original elements that come with your existing WordPress theme.
- Drag-and-drop content widgets such as images, text, headlines, videos, buttons, dividers, image carousels, counters, icons, spacers, testimonials, social media icons, shortcodes, etc.
- Mobile and Tablet Editing allows you to tweak your elements to ensure that it fits and functions properly on smaller devices.
- Fully customizable layout such as section width, nested columns, column width, full width, section height, column gap, content position, margin & padding, and z-index.
- Stand out with proper typography! You can choose custom fonts, google fonts, and other selections to deliver a positive impression to your readers.
- Design your page with background overlays, background gradients, videos, box shadows, etc.
Elementor comes with 2 versions of the plugin. One is absolutely free and the other is a pro edition. I’ve used both versions and I must say, the free edition comes with almost everything you need. If you are interested in downloading the free edition of Elementor page builder, you can do so by clicking here.
The Pro edition comes with additional features, but not everyone will need it, so I recommend that you try the free one first. You can upgrade at any time If you need the additions from the pro edition.
With the pro edition, you get the following:
- 24 Pro Widgets including forms, menus, posts, etc.
- 75+ Pro Templates made by their designers.
- Premium Support!
- Email marketing integration to drive up sales.
- Workflow to speed up your building process.
Here is the current pricing for elementor (as of 5/9/2018):
Elementor Page Builder Pros and Cons
The Pros Of Elementor:
- You can download the free version that comes with plenty of features.
- The tools provided are beginner-friendly. I’m no expert, so If I can do it, you can too!
- All themes have limitations, elementor will allow you to break that limitation with no special skills required.
- Edit Desktop, Tablet, and Mobile with ease.
- Real-time preview, so you know exactly how your design will look live.
- Create a custom page without the header, footer, and other default elements on your WordPress theme.
- Elementor updates frequently, so if something breaks, you can always revert back to an earlier version using the rollback option.
The Cons Of Elementor:
- Font styling is a bit glitchy at times, but nothing serious enough to affect your experience with this page builder.
- The price is not one-time. You must pay annually if you want continued support such as updates.
- If you use certain email list providers, you will need to install and activate mailoptin which has an additional cost.
My Final Thoughts On Elementor Page Builder
I highly recommend this plugin to my readers! There are a few other options to choose from when it comes to WordPress page builder such as Divi, Beaverbuilder, Thrive Architect, etc. However, Elementor is the only plugin that comes with about 90% of the entire plugins feature (pro included). If you are searching for a quick free to use page builder, Elementor is definitely the way to go!
Interested In Doing What I Do?
A page builder means absolutely nothing if you have nothing to build on. If you are interested in making money online, please download my free eBook (PDF). It comes with detailed information on the business model that I used to make money online.
You’ll also notice that I included a 7-day action plan to help you with your journey to internet success. Don’t worry about spending money after because I’ve also included free options that I used in the beginning when starting Online Self Employed.
All you have to do is click on the banner below:
I tried my best to keep this article short and straightforward. If you enjoyed it, please do me a favor and share it with your folks via Social Media. Also, if you have any questions, comments, or concerns. Leave a message below and I will get back to you(:
Be the first to leave a review.